The Call for Abstracts is now closed.
The Poster Listing shows abstracts accepted for poster presentation.
Correspondence to these poster presenters will be released very shortly.
Rejection correspondence has been issued.
Oral results will be released very shortly also.
Thank you for your patience whilst the abstract review process took place.
HCC-UK would like to encourage the submission of abstracts for presentation.
As well as oral presentations, we will also be aiming for a Poster Exhibition, to further profile material submitted in a prominent place within our venue.
Generous prizes will be given for the best oral and poster presentations at the Meeting.
Abstracts provide an excellent opportunity to present interesting work to your colleagues. Abstracts may be by way of an original paper/trial, audit, case study or a professional experience. Oral presentations will be around 10 minutes in length to allow adequate time for questions (Subject to final confirmation). Videos (no longer than 5 minutes) may also be submitted for review, along the lines of “How we do it”. Please attach your video to your E-Mail.
Call for Abstracts Deadline midnight 31st January 2019
We have aimed to keep the Abstract Submission process as simple as possible so if you have not previously submitted an abstract, now is your opportunity!
Instructions for Submission:
- Your abstract must be received by midnight 31st January 2019.
- Your abstract must be submitted in English.
- Your abstract must be submitted by E-Mail as an attachment in Word format not as part of the text to HCCabstracts@indexcommunications.com.
- Tracking modes should be switched off before submission, to enable the abstract to be processed.
- Faxed or posted abstracts will not be accepted for submission.
- Your abstract must not exceed 300 words including References. This word count does not include the title, authors and affiliations.
- The author submitting the abstract is the Corresponding Author and this author’s contact details must be clearly given (address, tel, E-Mail).
- the covering email should specify the preference of presentation format, i.e. oral, poster or no preference.
- Your abstract should be structured according to the following format:
Title of the Abstract (IN CAPITAL LETTERS).
Authors (initials with full stops after each, then surname; the name of the Presenting Author must be underlined) and Affiliations
References (Key only, max 5).
- The decision of the Review Committee on the acceptability of the abstract is final.
While preferences for oral or poster presentations will be considered, the
Committee may offer the alternative format. No correspondence on their decision
can be initiated by the author(s).
- ALL PRESENTING AUTHORS MUST REGISTER AS DELEGATES, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, NO MATTER HOW SHORT A TIME A DELEGATE IS ABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT. The submission of an abstract is acceptance of this rule.
- All abstracts will be acknowledged. If you have not had a confirmation of
receipt within 14 days of your submission, please contact the Secretariat.
Call for Abstracts deadline midnight 31st January 2019
Instructions on the timings and duration of oral presentations and the format and size of posters will be given in the result correspondence which will be issued by the middle of February 2019 if not earlier. If an abstract cannot be presented at the Meeting, the Secretariat must be notified in writing ahead of the Meeting to avoid compromise to the professionalism of the meeting.
Please contact our Secretariat team if you have any queries at all regarding abstract submission.